Vipiteno, one of the most beautiful small towns in Italy, is always worth a visit. Magnificent town houses, picturesque shopping streets, medieval squares and a mountain backdrop that seems close enough to touch. The people of Sterzing are particularly proud of their town hall with its Gothic town hall - the stately building testifies to the prosperity of the town in the 15th century, when mining experienced its heyday here.
Zwölferturm Tower, town hall, Multscher Museum, parish church ...
For guided tours, visit: www.sterzing.com
Sterzing also boasts an in- and outdoor pool with various saunas, known as the “Balneum”.
Further Information: www.balneum.sterzing.eu
Other Tips in the Area:
- Hunting & Fishing Museum at Schloss Wolfsthurn (ca. 15 km)
- Mining World, Ridnaun/Schneeberg (ca. 25 km)
- Reifenstein Castle (ca. 10 km)
- Gilfenklamm Gorge (ca. 12 km)
- Farmers’ market, Fridays from May to October
- Sterzing Yogurt Days, from July to August
- Dumpling Festival in September
- Christmas Market in December
And just 9 km from us, the gorgeous historic centre of Vipiteno offers many shopping opportunities (Sunday closed).
The closest food store is the “Dorfladele“ (village stores) in Wiesen/Prati, 7 km from our farm house. Opening times are: daily, 7:00am - 6:30pm (closed on sundays and bank holiday).
OUR PARTNER BUSINESSES:
WEATHER IN SOUTH TYROL: